Main Menu
· Home
· Donate

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

[GATO]reddy
06 Sep : 08:28
i dont remember the pw, but fortunatly vent's still been installed with it saved

[GATO]reddy
06 Sep : 08:26
23, 24 come december. im good, job hunting. slow going sorry took so long to check bk again xD i did check for a week or so but hey ^^

BlacKWidoW
09 Aug : 08:14
Reddyyyyyyy!!! It's great to here from you! We're doing ok here and i hope you are too. How old are you now? You one of the first GATO Agents when we started back on November 1, 2006.. I hope you are well. Here is our ventrilo info: vent4.gameservers.com. I think you can guess the password. Pm me if you can't.

[GATO]reddy
20 Jul : 09:44
./wave Good day chaps, hows things been?

Numbskull
15 Jul : 21:34
yo

Play a Game

Forums
Global Anti-Terrorism Organization HeadQuarters :: Forums :: G.A.T.O. Approved Games :: Call of Duty Series

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Nobody likes change but in this case, IMO, change is good.
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: BlacKWidoW, AceJack, JoEbOx, Ham Chu, D@M!3N, Emperor
Author Post
BlacKWidoW
Sat Nov 14 2009, 02:30PM
BlacKWidoW

Registered Member #1
Ok, here is my take on Modern Warfare 2.

The Bad

There are no dedicated servers.
Custom maps cannot be played because of the lack of dedicated servers.
Like the consoles, there may be a small fee for new map packs.
When the server host drops, there is a 15 to 30 second wait as the fastest PC/connection is re-established.
$60 USD + tax (totally sux)

The Good

Fantastic game play,
There are more weapons,
better weapon ugrades,
Slower overall upgrade time frame,
More perks,
better perks,
Fantastic game play,
NO HACKERS!!!!
guaranteed to play on same team when you join as a team in TDM or any other type of team game,
Fantastic maps,
better graphics,
You can now wear tags of achievements earned - seen by your victim,
integrated with Steam for easy friend invites,
2 man Spec Ops CoOp is awesome,
Overall, teamwork has to be achieved, in MP, in order to win.
Did I mention the Fantastic game play?

The Spec Ops CoOp is the best CoOp I have ever played in my life. Total immersion into the game. Concentration
Coordination, and overall team work is what makes it so much fun to do, and even repeat. Some of them are easy
and near the end, nearly impossible. They are fantastic, especially the sniper missions. Best ever, period!

The games perks, achievements and graphics add to the entire MW2 experience. Think of how cool WaW was
when it came out and multiply it by x 100! I'm not kidding. Yes the cost sux but I can honestly say I am happy
that I got this game. It is the best, and most fun MP FPS game ever made.

To those Agents that want to stay bull headed about the lack of dedicated servers, I say to you - Get over it.
Times have changed. This game is really good and if you rather miss out in one of the best FPS games ever made,
then go ahead. Everyone that already bit the bullet and bought this game will agree with me in saying that
you a missing out on something different, yet better at the same time. Whether you buy it or not will not make a bit of
difference to the developers. They are rich and control what, and when content will be released. They've already
made their money and will continue to make changes we all agree and disagree with. I like the fact that there are no hackers.
Show me another FPS that can make that claim that is not a console?

Get this game and join me, Reddy, Emporer, and some of the other guys. You won't regret it. You will not regret it, trust me.
I'm not just saying this to put you down. I'm telling you this game is awesome and I don't want anyone to miss out.
I respect your decision to not buy it. Just please reconsider.

Like I said, nobody likes change, but in this case, in my opinion, change is good.

[ Edited Sat Nov 14 2009, 02:35PM ]
JoEbOx
Sat Nov 14 2009, 03:01PM
JoEbOx

Registered Member #10
THE BAD:

No dedicated servers. No GATOHQ.com home. This also means 100-200ms pings, host advantage, and no administrative powers to instantly kick hackers.

Hackers are more rampant. Yes, when you are free from the watchful eyes of server administrators you are free to hack as much as you'd like. There aren't any demos and there is most definitely not an active hacker-catching group like we've seen with punksbusted and their MBL.

Apparently you and several million other people think it's worth paying more money for less features that will ultimately encourage you to ditch the game within a year for the latest one (which will no doubt include even LESS features).

The lag we had to face with Reddy in our dedicated servers was only sometimes unacceptable, but alright when we hosted zombies. This changes once we're hosting games where we're pinned against each other in a 'first to shoot gets the kill' environment. Timing is everything and the host's computer has to make a random decision on who gets the kill considering it will generally take an entire fifth of a second to register any input. That's quite rubbish in this day and age, unless you're on a shitty dumbed down console.

Numbskull
Sat Nov 14 2009, 03:52PM

Registered Member #117
{NO HACKERS!!!!}

IN THE FIRST 48 HRS there a wall hack and this can not be fix by VAC until IW come up with a patch witch will be soon

you got the game and i am happy for you!

now that every one is folding in, i see a subscription thing coming down the line. and why not they got you hook

oh any yes you will be paying for DLC

Oh well just think if every one didn't get it, IT would of sent a big message. Now they will just push us around a dictate what were going to play and how much we our going to pay

This will change clans, as a clan that has say 25 active members that want to play this great game cant!, oh and by the way can you kick some one to make room for a clan buddy, I can just see your invite list with every one hitting you up let me in.

60 freaking dollars w/ hackers, pay for maps, combat arms FREE 1 new map every 2 months with hackers Im going to play combat arm until bad company 2 come out

xbox and pc= same thing NOT! I have a PC cause it's graphic are better and you can mod games and maps, making a game last a lot longer

heck I still play battlefield Vietnam, Why mods, great mods and map up the butt all free and great game play

This my is take on this whole thing: yes good game but what it's bring for clans and pc user's is not for me. there's to many other company that want my money but don't want to steal it from me every November and every map pack release

iRacing 2014 Season 1 NASCAR SK Modified Weekly Series Division 6 Race Championship, 1st Place.
iRacing 2014 Season 2 NASCAR Tour Modified Weekly Series Division 6 Race Championship, 1st Place.
2014 Season 3 NASCAR iRacing Tour Modified Series Division 5 Race Championship, 2nd Place.

Emperor
Sat Nov 14 2009, 04:54PM

Registered Member #138
Greetings all Im Emperor.

Former FPS addict that stopped playing FPS due to all the hacking. While yes there are hacks for any and all PC FPS games. It seems to be less evident so far in this game.

When I quit FPS games I went the MMO route. Payed my 15 bucks a month for insert game here, and was glad to do it because I could count on the devs to work on eliminating the "exploiters". Did that for roughly the last 7 years. I really due hope that at some point they do create a pay for play service for this game. I take that back I dont hope I expect it. Blizzard entertainment and Activision did not merge for nothing. World of Warcraft meets Modern Warfare anyone?

Moral of the story? What some hate, others love. I am now back to playing not FPS games. Just this one. Because its really that good. And I havent had this much fun in a tactical shooter since the Original Counter Strike. Its all about the people your with. Im working on re learning the speed of FPS but I am looking forward to doing so with Real Friends that work as a team. Wich is why I came to Gato. I wont be stinking up the house for long

If you have a desent computer (that can run this game effectivily) and broadband connection. I highly recommend this game. If your putter runs on HAMSTER Power. Stay home your game experience will not be fun!

Looking Forward to meeting more of you.

Emp

[ Edited Sat Nov 14 2009, 04:57PM ]

BlacKWidoW
Sat Nov 14 2009, 09:48PM
BlacKWidoW

Registered Member #1
Good valid points, Numbskull. No offense, my friend, I 've played Combat Arms, and sir, it is no where near the quality of play, graphics or level of intensity that CODMW2 gives a player. I'm sorry but it is not even close. I doubt that I would pay for play for MW2 with it, but then again, maybe I will. One thing is for sure, Combat Arms appeals to you and that is OK, it is just not for me. I want more from an FPS and obviously I have to pay to get it so I did. MW2 is an awesome game. Most importantly, it is fun and exciting, something few games really offer. Yes in 1 year they will come out with COD7, I'll buy it because I know it will be awesome. Just like I know Borederlands is the most awesome FPSRPG game ever made, should Borderlands 2 come out, I would but that to.

Yes, I agree that without the dedicated servers, certain clans will suffer. Ours should not because we are not a 1 game clan. Never have been, probably never will. GATO is very versatile in every aspect of the world. We are not a 25 or 30 member clan playing 1 game. Heck, I think the most we ever had was about 12 agents in one game and that happened once! If there were 12 of us right now, we could set up a private game and jam our asses off. I've never been fond of 20 v 20. Actually, spawn raping kills those kind of games for me, unless it is a FFA. I don't see GATO being a 26 people playing 1 game ever. We've set up AA2, AA3, COD 4 and CODWAW servers, recruited like crazy, tried matching in TWL and yes have over 120 people sign up but the core of GATO is about 12 strong playing different games. There's nothing wrong with that. That is who we are.

Yes the lag issue will be evident. It always is in every game. Today I experienced 1 loss host and 1 experience of lag. The lag came when there was a helicopter raping me from above so it appeared as lag when it was registering me getting killed. It took nothing away from the game for me. I still had flashes of brilliance (22 kills- 7 deaths) and failures (1 - 13 ouch!) just like every time I played on dedicated servers. To be honest, none of the lag bothers me. As much as I get mad at getting killed, it is part of the game, lag kill or not.

Hey the game is not for everyone, It is my opinion that you are missing out on some great CoOp and MP play, possible the best ever. You will never have a chance to team up and play some of the most intense situational awareness situations that you can share with 1 team mate.

I really don't understand why you guys sound so angry. It's just a game and I am sharing my gaming experience playing it. I just wish more of my friends would join me in playing it.

Numbskull
Sun Nov 15 2009, 02:06AM

Registered Member #117
you know i think combat arm sucs but its free. that was why i compared that game

I played CodMw2 for a few hrs at a fiends house and did not go out and buy it. I think it's a really good game to play but I feel like I'm suckered in every November only to play the heck out of something that get old fast, This (CoD MW2)game was meant for console, and if any one knows gaming then they know what console are doing to clans. Now with that said i will not spend 60 buck on it. How ever you did buy it and so you have to like it with the cons and pro you said

please this is my opinion, I have given the game a chance and probably give it another but i don't like where this company(Blizzard entertainment and Activision, IW )is taken this.

1 i don't like that they up the price by 10 bucks after saying it was 49.99 for pc (not a big deal but if they can get away with it in this economy what happens when times get better)

2 I don't like that they waited until 1 month before to tell us and the server company's that there wont be any servers (very sneaky bastards)

3 I don't like that we have to pay for DLC (60 buck already and now i have to pay extra for maps that should of been in there already)

4 I don't like that it cant be modded ( mods extend the games life )

5 I don't like that being restricted to 9V9

6 IWnet free now, but wait you will see it wont be free for long

They lied to us, they never mention all of this until it was leaked out 1 month before release, there like a crack dealer they give you a little (free map )and now that your hooked there charging you. ( hum most will say that the American way) of doing business

you see it's the company I don't like ( sneaky robbing lying bastards), not the game

this should be the end of my opinion on this game But don't worry you will have plenty of friend to play with, as people sell their sole to IW and buy the game for Xmas or before

[ Edited Sun Nov 15 2009, 02:38AM ]

iRacing 2014 Season 1 NASCAR SK Modified Weekly Series Division 6 Race Championship, 1st Place.
iRacing 2014 Season 2 NASCAR Tour Modified Weekly Series Division 6 Race Championship, 1st Place.
2014 Season 3 NASCAR iRacing Tour Modified Series Division 5 Race Championship, 2nd Place.

[GATO]reddy
Sun Nov 15 2009, 07:09AM

Registered Member #16
Quote Joebox:"The lag we had to face with Reddy in our dedicated servers was only sometimes unacceptable, but alright when we hosted zombies. This changes once we're hosting games where we're pinned against each other in a 'first to shoot gets the kill' environment. Timing is everything and the host's computer has to make a random decision on who gets the kill considering it will generally take an entire fifth of a second to register any input. That's quite rubbish in this day and age, unless you're on a shitty dumbed down console. "
Of course there is going to be some lag joe but iv only been in about 2 servers in 4 days with a bad host & even when widow is hosting our spec ops game & cmon his connection isn't uber fios:P i still can snipe moving objects perfectly. In multi widow will generally setup our party so the ping should be set lowest for him im almost always got a positive k/d ratio & even yesterday i had 18-0.

Patches are hard for consoles because they dont have something as accesible as the internet for them to download so still you won't know if the computer patches will be priced.
Why do you need to kick any1 e.g a hacker when hackers can't get to the console to hack?

Quote Numbskull:"{NO HACKERS!!!!}

IN THE FIRST 48 HRS there a wall hack and this can not be fix by VAC until IW come up with a patch witch will be soon"

You say there was a hacker but it was probably only a glitch which people overexagerate & i havn't seen any patches to fix this invisible hack nor have i seen a hacker/glither.

Numbskull
Sun Nov 15 2009, 09:21AM

Registered Member #117
[GATO]reddy wrote

You say there was a hacker but it was probably only a glitch which people overexagerate & i havn't seen any patches to fix this invisible hack nor have i seen a hacker/glither.

I should not use this as a bad point for this game as all game will get hacked. I will say VAC is better the PB but they both fail in what their made to do stop hackers

http://www.vgchartz.com/interstitial.php?url=http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=92073 second video there are many other site stating the same thing

[ Edited Sun Nov 15 2009, 05:04PM ]

JoEbOx
Sun Nov 15 2009, 11:56AM
JoEbOx

Registered Member #10
Good lord,
Playing a 2 player coop, with what you consider 'minimal latency' does not even come close to refuting my point. I'm talking about the 9 versus 9 gameplay. From an old raven shield player (widow) I think you should know the difference between immediate and non-immediate firing animations. Just because the game responds to your mouse click instantly doesn't actually mean shit all. Maybe you guys like playing with lag because your trigger fingers aren't that fast and it gives you a better chance of getting kills, but most PC gamers expect that the first one to shoot should get the kill.

Why you'd pay MORE for a game (and DLC) of an incredibly lower quality is beyond me. You cannot edit your field of view, rates, etc. Who in their right mind thinks we should support game developers and publishers who pull this shit? You've been had and these assholes just made $60 bucks off of you for nothing (oh wait, they put in extra "SPECIAL FEATURES" like ingame text chat, mouse control, and graphics options for the PC version).

And back to cheaters, don't even think that the couple hours you've spent on MW2 without seeing any obvious cheaters must mean that there aren't any cheaters. One must merely go to youtube to find the truth. Why does nobody find it necessary to acknowledge my VALID points, such as lack of administrative control to kick cheaters and loudmouths. Nobody noticed how effective punkbuster was? How on earth can anyone possibly claim that VAC beats punkbuster? Maybe removing the ability to 'record' hackers means we can't catch them too? I'm very tempted to write a cheat for this game JUST to prove to you how sad it is, but then again, you'd never know because I would NEVER, EVER, EVER be caught (even if you could see me spinning around and autofiring through walls - nothing you could do bucko!).

I guess you could say I'm disappointed, but when it comes to making money, good for Activision/Blizzard IW whatever. If they can have one of the largest releases ever, with such a shitty fucking product, kudos. I won't be suckered into paying more for less.

Keep pretending you aren't being screwed. They are lazy pieces of shit, testing the waters to see how easily they can sucker the fans into buying crap.

CuriousV
Sun Nov 15 2009, 01:52PM

Registered Member #31
IMO everyone has there opinion on the game. I for one am enjoying this game a lot. (PS3 version). Reason i didn't buy it for my computer is the fact that my computer wont be able to run it decently. No dedicated servers..... In all honesty yea that does suck, in more ways then not, but thats how it is. IW is not the only company doing this nor will they be the last. ID is also doing it with there next game. Now for the point. MW2 is a great game, it sucks what they did, but in the end the game is a great game and i AM enjoying it. If you dont play it cause of your pride you are in my opinion missing out on a great experience. No point on sticking your head in the ground over it, like you said, this type of change isn't going any wheres. so embrace it or sell your PC haha JK. EA will do it soon. Who knows they might doit last min with BFBC 2, i personaly dont this they will for that one, but when they see the numbers i can see it in there next game.

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF